Total No. of Pharma Trials : 27 (National & International)
Total No. of Original Trials : 8
Indo – US RePORT Consortium, NIH & DBT Funded Projects (Ongoing)
1) Host determinants in the eicosanoid pathway modulate the inflammatory response, disease outcome, and treatment responsiveness in TB. IRB Min no: 8526 dated 30.10.2013.
2) Common protocol for collecting data and specimens from participants in the regional prospective observational research for tuberculosis. IRB Min no: 9631 dated 23.09.2015
3) Comparison of available purified-protein derivative (PPD) tuberculin skin test (T.ST) antigen solutions in detecting latent tuberculosis infection in India. IRB Min no: 9632 dated 23.09.2015.
4) Extra Cranial involvement as detected by Positron Emission Tomography scan in patients with Tubercular Meningitis. 10598 dated 29.03.2017.
5) Validation and fine tuning of the Computer Aided Diagnosis of Pulmonary Tuberculosis model for the Indian Subcontinent. IRB Min No: 10596 dated 29.03.2017.
6) A Multicenter phase II/III double-blind, randomised, placebo controlled study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of VPM1002 in the prevention of Tuberculosis (TB) recurrence in Pulmonary TB patients after successful Tb treatment in India. IRB Min No: 10451 dated 14.12.2016.
American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene funded project (Ongoing)
1) Studying T cell memory responses for understanding protective immune response in Tuberculosis (TB). IRB Min no: 10120 dated 22.06.2016.
India TB Research Consortium & ICMR funded projects (Ongoing)
1) Validation of indigenously developed technologies for diagnosis of Pediatric pulmonary tuberculosis: Multicentric Validation. IRB Min No: 10746 dated 19.07.2017 (Yet to start).
2) Validation of indigenously developed technology (TruNat MTB) for diagnosis of Extra-pulmonary tuberculosis: Multicentric Validation (Yet to start). IRB Min No: 10745 dated 19.07.2017.
Pharma funded Global MNC projects (Ongoing)
1) A double blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial evaluating efficacy and safety of oral nintedanib treatment for at least 52 weeks in patients with ‘Systemic Sclerosis associated Interstitial Lung Disease’(SSc-ILD). IRB Min no: 9797 dated 16.12.2015.
2) A multicenter, randomized, 52-week, double-blind, parallel group, active controlled study to compare the efficacy and safety of QVM149 with QMF149 in patients with asthma. IRB Min No: 10058 dated 20.04.2016.
Original Fluid research grant funded projects (Ongoing)
1) Yield of induced sputum Genexpert (Xpert MTB-Rif) compared to standard sputum samples- a pilot study. IRB Min no: 8695 dated 20.02.2014.
2) Drug levels in Daily versus Intermittent Anti Tubercular Therapy(ATT)- IRB Min no: 9215 dated 17.12.2014.
3) Follow up study on epidemiology of nosocomial Tuberculosis in nursing trainees cohort enrolled from a tertiary care hospital in South India. IRB Min no: 9112 dated 15.10.2014.
Studies awaiting IRB approvals (Yet to start)
1) Calibration and validation of reflectance pulse oximeter using reference devices – Healthcare Technology Innovation Centre.
2) Seasonal waves of respiratory disorders in India: multicenter, outpatient- based study of the point prevalence and risk factor evaluation (SWORD India Survey) –Indian Chest Society & Asthma Bhawan – RRNI.
3) A population based COPD prevalence study based on spirometry in a rural population – Original Trial Fluid research grant.
Studies in pipeline
1) Assessment of the diagnostic yield of TruNat in bronchoscopic samples in patients suspected to have Pulmonary Tuberculosis(PTB) – Submitted for CSIR grant.
2) The Genetic Basis of Bone Disease in Mycobacterial Infection – ICMR and NIH project (Proposal yet to be finalised)