1. Respiratory Medicine unit recommenced in the month of July 2000
2. Installation of a Video bronchoscopy unit
1.Dedicated K ward for patients with respiratory diseases started
2. PG diploma in Advanced Respiratory therapy started
3. Dedicated bronchoscopy suite started
1.Sleep lab services started
2.Dedicated pulmonary function lab & office acquired
3.Insertion of Y Silicon stent started
1. Medical thoracoscopy service started
2. Respiratory therapy training started
3. Asthma education services started
4. Non Invasive positive pressure ventilation (NIPPV) services started
5. Commencemet of medical thoracoscopy & paediatric fibreoptic bronchoscopy
6. DNB Course admissions started
7. Commencement of DAA Program
8. (Rescare 2006)
1. DNB in Respiratory Diseases: 2 year Post Diploma and 3 year Post MBBS programs started
2. Commencement of distance education program in Allergy and Asthma in collaboration with International Asthma Services(Colarado, USA)
3. First national conference of respiratory care (Rescare 2006)
1. Impulse oscillometry for analysis of lung function introduced
2. Argon plasma co-agulator and eletrocautery obtained
3. The administration entrusted the running of the main hospital DOTS clinic to the department.
1. Therapeutic bronchoscopy has commenced
2. Private ward ICU started by Pulmonary Medicine
2. Expanded therapeutic bronchoscopy, has commenced medical thoracoscopy services augmented
3. New sleep lab
4. Started impulse oscillometry testing
5. Setting up and running the private ICU in the A block
6. Inspection from the university towards a DM program in Pulmonary Medicine.
7. Chest sonography services was started
8. An HDU has been set up at K ward, where non invasive ventilation and other supports are available.
1. commencement of a regular interventional bronchoscopy service
2. administration entrusted the running of the main hospital DOTS clinic to the department. This is a tremendous boost for the post-graduate training and MBBS teaching. A HDU has been set up at K ward
3. DAA program was accredited by the American Association of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI).
4. Started post doctoral pulmonology fellows this year
5. Performed whole lung lavage with double lumen intubation for a patient with severe respiratory failure due to alveolar proteinosis.
6. Commenced new service - Chest sonography
7. Diploma in allergy and asthma program was accredited by the american association of allergy, asthma and immunology (aaaai)
8. MD in respiratory medicine -2 seats started
9. Conduct of the National Congress On Interventional Pulmonology under the aegis of American College Of Chest Physician (Indian chapter)
1. Sixth national conference on respiratory careoctober 2012
2. Our department and the Division of Critical Care hosted the Sixth National Conference on Respiratory Care
3. In order to streamline the management of lung cancer patients a,multi disciplinary tumour board meeting has been started
4. We did the first double airway stenting in the country.
5. The tracheal disorders clinic has started functioning with active participation by ENT and Thoracic surgeons
1. We had the credit of being ranked the third best department in India in the field of Pulmonology, by the WeeK-Neilsen group, published in ‘The Week” magazine
2. Radial Endobronchial ultrasound guided biopsy Y silicon stent insertion have been successfully carried out for the first time It has been added to brnochsocopic armamentarium
3. Spirometry workshop was conducted under the aegis of ICS on 10th and 11th February 2015, in our department for the respiratory therapists.
1. Standardizing a new service along with clinical pathology department: sputum inflammatory cell phenotyping
2. Conducted 14th Winter symposium:
1. Conducted 22nd National Conference of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology
2. MD Seat increased to 4